Sunday, March 8, 2009

Language Summit

At the Southeast Alaska Native Language Summit, I got to show SURVIVING SOUNDS OF HAIDA (SSH) as part of the first day's regular agenda. And they liked it. :]

Held at the Cape Fox Lodge in Ketchikan, the Summit brings together scholars, experts, and enthusiasts of the Haida, Tlingit, and Tshimshian languages.

Haw'aa to Ketchikan Indian Community and Cape Fox Heritage Foundation for sponsoring this great event. In particular, Cara Wallace, for her help in getting SSH on the agenda and on the screen.

Rebecca Leach, who edited SSH, and I shot video of the sessions and will do so again tomorrow. We will produce a short of the Summit.

It's been great, too, meeting those who I have yet to work with, who seem to be thinking along the lines I have been. Hopefully, after the Summit, we can do some additional recording before I leave town.